Saturday, June 03, 2006

God

I believe that God can be found by anyone who is willing to come clean with Him... I believe that Jesus is just waiting for us to confess our sins, and He will come into our lives with power and give us the gift of His Holy Spirit...

The analogy given me is one I shall remember well...

At the end of Sembawang Road, there's a little stretch of beach there. Because of the fact that there's a shipyard just off the beach to the left, the water's tremendously dirty, and it keeps throwing onto the beach the miscellaneous rubbish that one would associate with East Coast Park...

As I did my prayer walk the last morning I was able to attend Church camp, I sensed that what God has done with my sin is like cleaning all the dirt from the browning green water... I thought something was seaweed, when actually it was a cloud of dirt... and only Jesus' blood can do it... If anyone else tried, it'd be like as if I tried to clean up the water... Which, by the way, is impossible, in case you haven't realised.

Inside the sea, is hidden all the trash. The waves are God's way of washing up the trash onto the beach and revealing them to us... Our secret sins are the same, pretty much. So we gather them up, and can choose whether to turn them over and let God get rid of it... it's not a perfect analogy, though, but pretty much the concept is there...

In a home in the UK, there is a garden. If you went to this garden, you would realise that there's a circular patch of grass which is not properly connected to the rest of the grass. You pull up the patch, and realise that underneath the grass is a hole filled with bottles, old shoes, trash etc...

It's the same thing...

Only God can reveal and take away the secret sins that we hide...

If we let Him...

I believe that God works in mysterious ways, but always He calls each and everyone to salvation... How we respond may be different, but He still patiently calls and calls...

If I wasn't called back because of the inflexibility of SOME PEOPLE, to be on shift at night, I wouldn't have been depressed (though it's wrong) during the teaching session, and I wouldn't have sought prayer with Mrs Karen Burnett afterwards... Though I was very irritated at first, I realise that it was God's way of turning me away from the superficial games etc that I would have descended into had I not been called back...

In a way I'm glad I was called back. Because I believe I got anointed by God's Holy Spirit because of our prayers... Sometimes, we try to fill our lives with rushing around trying to find God, like all the activities in camps, etc, but the ones who really gain would be those who take time to listen carefully, and ask for prayer... God is always there, waiting for us. If only we stop running around, and listen, like Mary to Jesus.

Ailene, I'm sorry I waterbombed you, but haha you had it coming from everyone... we were planning to get u from a long time back... And you tried to grind my foot into the ground lah... Gosh you're SO heavy lor...

Haha Valentia I just threw the flour/cake/grass mix at you cos you were screaming so much... anyway it didn't stick at all, which sucked haha... But quite sporting of u to chase me around... Actually on hindsight I should've thrown it at Stephanie...she screamed the MOST. And she wouldn't have chased me... Her rugger bf would've tackled me i guess... but I should be able to run faster than him...

That was fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home