Wednesday, February 22, 2006

My Utmost for His Highest

The only way to be obedient to "the heavenly vision" is to give our utmost for His highest— our best for His glory. - Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest.

Oswald Chambers was born in Aberdeen, Scotland in 1874. He studied at Edinburgh University and then answered the call to Christian Ministry. He's well known for his writing of My Utmost for His Highest.

To give one's utmost for His glory...is a high calling indeed... But it is only when we truly surrender all that we selfishly desire for ourselves, and wholeheartedly give the best we can for God that His glory can be revealed... Every second of every minute of every hour of every day...

I guess I can thank God for many things...I'm alive's one of them... I have this bad habit of jaywalking, and I've had some close shaves... Ali can prob remember them... after each one i'd sms her feeling quite shaken... And today, my car sprung a leak in the petrol storage somewhere... it was dripping petrol when i topped up to full tank... and when i drove home i thank GOD nothing happened... even though i'm having to take mrt back home, cos by some weird coincidence there're no drivers on duty... Haha but i wouldn't have felt safe to drive anyways...

Met Zanet yesterday... had a really good talk with her... But was about 20 minutes late, cos we were "learning" how to do dalam buka barisan kekanan lurus... that was the fastest i'd driven for a while... not since i was nearly late for night duty... Zanet's been like my counsellor since BMT...really appreciate her help n all... she's always been cheerful and willing to listen... even though i know she's stressed out over lots of things, like her time management, uni homework and other stuff..

Lately I've been having trouble getting to sleeep before 12...SUCKY night duties... it's messing up my body clock... but I guess looking at it from a different perspective, it's a lot better than others doing guard duty, and better than outfield, and better than a lot of other stuff that others have to do and are doing at this moment... And anyway, it's prepping me for houseman years...

Yesterday my dad was telling me about the alternatives to medicine...like doing finance, doing investment Banking... the funny thing was that we started talking about it when in the swimming pool, then on the way home, both of us gradually got of the opinion that it is what's better suited to my character, and what's the better chance for success... By the time I was eating dinner we'd realised that I probably wouldn't like it at all in the finance field... cos i don't have the personality needed to wheel and deal, and to be ruthless when necessary... no offence to financially inclined ppl out there... i mean, you guys have lots of drive and ambition, which is good, but i guess my personality's too "soft"...

My car kena leak petrol liao...dunno which stupid road got so many stone go and bounce and cut the pipe...KNN i just pump $20 of petrol and then become full tank...then my full tank become empty... no wonder i drive only to bukit timah road from airport road then cost like $7 of petrol... plus i'm paying for my own petrol... my mum doesn't want to pay... which is fine, i guess... get some exercise...

i'm getting a bit fatter... stupid Sanjiv/jay so skinny already still going for the weight loss talk haha... wah lao... haha i need to convert the fat to muscle... but everytime got stupid night duty cannot really do anything... think only can swim in the evenings after night duties...

3 Comments:

Blogger alison said...

hahas. yaya.. but quite unlikely la... scared lehh.

11:38 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

zanet as in Zanetta?

alex here.

www.pangchongren.blogspot.com

8:22 AM  
Blogger Ah Liang said...

Yep... she's a real nice person... from Barker Road Methodist Church... was my classmate in HCJC

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home