Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Rhabdomyolysis

Rhabdomyolysis is a consequence of crushing of muscle, for example in trauma. It results in the breakdown of myocytes, or muscle cells, releasing the myoglobin in them, which is dissolved into the bloodstream. The risk here is that the soluble myoglobin may precipitate in the kidney, leading to acute renal failure. Features of rhabdomyolysis are increased plasma CK, and increased plasma Calcium ions from the Calcium ions stored in the sarcoplasmic reticulum of the myocytes. The increased Ca2+ causes fatigue, confusion and nausea. Abnormal heart rhythms can result, some of which may be fatal if untreated, like Atrial Fibrillation.

I didn't know it was THAT serious when I got it as a result of being hospitalized for my nation 2 years ago.

I don't think people who scold me for "not being "patriotic"" understand the seriousness of what happened. To them, it's a line in a lecture presentation. It was much more real for me. But all the same, I have to forgive from my heart.

For Jesus forgave those who nailed Him to the cross, intentionally.

I will hope that what happened to me was unintentional. If my Lord and Master could forgive such an injustice, then surely I should strive to do the same.

It's not easy, mind you.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home